I finished assembling the second leg for my DARwIn-OP clone.
I finished writing the gcode cut files for the pelvic mounting brackets (PR13_B_SPACER_PELV) which go between the legs and the chest, and I’ll be cutting them soon.
Meanwhile I was redesigning the chest brackets to accommodate the ODROID-XU ARM computer instead of the original FitPC with an Intel processor. As an alternative, I am also considering to use an ODROID-U3 computer, with has a smaller footprint and a less powerful ARM processor (and consuming less power). The latest ODROID-U3 (Revision 0.5) has an native SPI interface, so which could be used to interface sensors (accelerometer and gyroscope).
- Faster Cortex-A15 cores (2GHz).
- Full octa-core Heterogeneous Multi Processor system.
- More energy efficient.
- No more LCD connector to get the native I2C #1 bus, but it is available now in the easier to access I/O expansion connector.
- Included energy sensors.
- Audio-In added (mono only).
- OpenCL working in Linux.
- Same form factor as the ODROID-XU, so easy replacement.
Anyway, I am scratching my head on how to cut the chest brackets on my Sherline mill, which is too small for these brackets, so I’ll be making them in parts.